- Hours and Map
- Admission Rates
- Tour the Plantation
- Adult Group Tours
- Schools & Education
- Community Outreach
Just a Note:
Trivia is always due by the end of the month. Click on the graphic for the chart of points for the end of October.
And here are the questions:
Time is a fickle mistress.
- From what country did day light savings time originate?
- Who implemented day light savings time?
- When and Why?
- How many countries still observe daylight savings time?
Hope this will be pretty easy for those who came to the workshop!
- What was the name of the man accredited with taking the first photograph?
- What was the name of the book Jacob Riis put together to show how immigrants were treated?
- What was the first type of camera called?
- What medium was used to capture photos before digital photography?
Watch the two videos above and answer the following questions.
- Why was September chosen for Labor Day?
- What happened that spurred President Cleveland to make Labor Day a federal holiday?
- Many consider federal regulations a bad thing, but without regulations it would not be possible to enjoy many of the actions we take for granted today. Only about 100 years ago, children worked and worked for less wages than adults. What action did people take to try to bring about an end to child labor and safe conditions for workers?
- What did you do this Labor Day?
Heat. Sweltering, muggy, hard-to-catch-your-breath heat. It’s what August is known for. Now put yourself in a the heat of a world at war during August of 1945. Scientists were in a race to develop, build, and perfect an atomic bomb to try to put an end the Second World War again the Nazis. In August of 1945, those bombs would be launched. Hiroshima and Nagasaki Prefectures in Japan suffered the horror and reality of the bombs that America created.
- What did the Army name the project to develop an atomic bomb?
- What were the name of the three bombs that were developed? Which two were used in the bombing of Japan?
- How many were estimated to be killed during the two bombings?
- War brings death, devastation, destruction. Yet, sometimes not going to war allows those sufferings to continue. Take a moment to think about war. Almost every generation has or will have experienced it. How has war effected you? What, if anything, would you do to end wars?
Summertime is all about the Blockbuster hits at the box office. This year’s hits include Wonder Woman, Spiderman Homecoming, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2. These movies are all based off of Marvel and DC comics. Do you know any history of comics? Of movies? Just something to look into if you are interested.
- After World War II, the KKK experienced a resurgence in popularity. What superhero comic was used to try to expose and combat the KKK?
- What year did Wonder Woman first appear in the comic world? Have you seen Wonder Woman yet? If yes, tell me what you did or didn’t like about it. If not, no worries.
- What is your favorite movie and why?
- In your opinion, what makes film history important?
Email Trivia Answers to: email@example.com
Upcoming Community Events and Happenings for All Ages
There are no upcoming events.